October 7, 2013
A teen said he was beaten and robbed Friday night after attending a game at Callaway Stadium earlier in the evening.
According to a police report, officers arrived to the 100 block of West Bacon Street to meet the male victim who appeared to have a large cut over his swollen left eye, also with bleeding and swollen lips.
The juvenile said he was at the stadium earlier and left walking with several people after the game. His group was followed back toward LaGrange High School by another large group. As he approached the Granger Park area, the victim said the group of people ran toward him, chasing him through the LaGrange High School campus to the apartments on West Bacon Street.
The unknown group of black males then beat the victim and took his wallet.
If anyone has any additional information about this incident, please contact the LaGrange Police Department at 706-883-2603.
• A man in the 700 block of Callaway Avenue said a Husqvarna mower valued at $250 and an air tank and floor jack valued at $25 each was stolen from his car port.
• A woman reported her Samsung Galaxy S3 valued at $200 stolen from the counter at Kings Fried Chicken on Whitesville Road.
• A man said his Apple iPhone 4, with an unknown value, was stolen from a truck parked in the 500 block of Ware Street. The owner said the windows of the truck were down at the time of the incident.
• A woman said her purse containing $240 was stolen from her unlocked Chevrolet Suburban at 101 W. Lukken Industrial Drive.
• A 2004 GMC Envoy valued at $8,000 was reported stolen from the 200 block of Horace King Street. The victim could not remember if the door was unlocked, but has possession of the only set of keys to the vehicle.
• An employee of Family Dollar on Vernon Road suspects two women of stealing her Samsung Galaxy 4 cell phone valued at $400 while it was on a shelf inside the store.
• A man in the 100 block of Fort Drive said someone entered his storage shed through an unlocked rear window and stole various tools and equipment valued at a total $1,555.
• A woman said an Apple iPod valued at $300, a Samsung Galaxy 3 cell phone valued at $300, $450 cash and a red bag valued at $40 was stolen from her hotel room at Jameson Inn on Lafayette Parkway.