Andy Simmons Staff writer
November 9, 2013
A fire broke out at a residence in the 100 block of Colorado Court off Old West Point Road shortly after noon Friday.
The Troup County Fire Department arrived on the scene after after one of the passing neighbors noticed smoke coming from the back side of the house, according to fire officials and witnesses. The neighbor called 911 at 12:27 p.m.
The fire caused significant damage to the back side of the house and fire officials said it may have started due to a sudden surge of electricity at a power junction.
No one was in the house when the fire started.