Last updated: July 14. 2014 11:26AM - 724 Views
Staff report

Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A dryer malfunction is believed to have caused a house fire on Troup Street that resulted in $15,000 estimated property damage.

LaGrange fire officials report that firefighters were dispatched Friday at 11:49 p.m. to a structure fire at 1221 Troup St. Two adults and two children, ages 8 and 6, escaped the fire unharmed and no injuries were reported.

Firefighters said heavy smoke was showing from the single-story, wood-frame family home. They entered and began to extinguish the fire located in a laundry room. The fire was under control at 12:03 a.m.

An occupant said she had put some clothes in the dryer, came back a short time later and noticed that the dryer was on fire. She used a fire extinguisher, but was unable to put out the fire.

The fire was contained to the laundry room, which sustained heavy fire and heat damage, according to LFD officials. Smoke and heat damage was also seen throughout the rest of the home.

A LaGrange Fire Department investigator determined that the cause of fire was due to a malfunction in the dryer. American Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the family.

All user comments are subject to our Terms of Service. Users may flag inappropriate comments.
comments powered by Disqus

Featured Businesses


Info Minute

Gas Prices

LaGrange Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com