lagrangenews.com

Faulty chimney believed to be cause of house fire

Andy Simmons Staff Writer

2 months 21 days 17 hours ago |8 Views | | | Email | Print

A fire broke out at a residence on Whitaker Road and left it severely damaged Friday.


According to Capt. Jene Hoge of the Troup County Fire Department, at around 5:46 p.m. Troup County firefighters responded to a call in the 300 block of Whitaker Road regarding a structure fire.


Firefighters arrived on the scene and were able to extinguish the flame, but the fire had taken its toll on the house. Damage is estimated to be around $50,000.


Hoge believes that the fire was caused by a faulty chimney.


“They(the residents) had just put some wood in the chimney for a fire and saw the walls catch fire,” Hoge said.


No one was reported injured in the fire. The home owner was identified as Shirley Traylor.

Comments

comments powered by Disqus

Weather

Sponsored By:

Local Gas Prices

Lowest Gas Prices in LaGrange
LaGrange Gas Prices provided by GasBuddy.com

Featured Business