Last updated: January 30. 2014 10:32AM - 788 Views
Andy Simmons jsimmons@civitasmedia.com



Smoke pours out of the roof at a chimney fire on Ware Street on Wednesday.
Smoke pours out of the roof at a chimney fire on Ware Street on Wednesday.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A minor chimney fire had LaGrange firefighters busy in icy conditions Wednesday.


LaGrange firefighters received a call about 9:05 a.m. regarding a structure fire in the 300 block of Ware Street.


Richard Jones, the resident of the house, called 911 when he heard crackling from his chimney.


“The fire place has two chutes on both sides of the house. I usually burn wood from my bedroom, but I decided I wanted to use the other one today,” Jones said. “I noticed lots of smoke and heard crackling. I called them up as soon as I heard a crackle up in there.”


No one was reported injured, but the ceiling and room where the fire started were completely destroyed.


 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Mortgage Minute