Last updated: November 08. 2013 11:02PM - 4454 Views
Andy Simmons Staff writer



Smoke rises from a home in the 100 block of Colorado Court, where a house caught fire Friday afternoon.
Smoke rises from a home in the 100 block of Colorado Court, where a house caught fire Friday afternoon.
Story Tools:

Font Size:

Social Media:

A fire broke out at a residence on the 100 block of Colorado Court off Old West Point Road shortly after noon Friday.


The Troup County Fire Department arrived on the scene after after one of the passing neighbors noticed smoke coming from the back side of the house, according to fire officials and witnesses. The neighbor called 911 at 12:27 p.m.


The fire caused significant damage to the back side of the house and fire officials said it may have started due to a sudden surge of electricity at a power junction.


No one was in the house when the fire started.


 
Comments
comments powered by Disqus


Featured Businesses


Poll



Mortgage Minute