Man reports burglar in dorm room
A man reported a burglar inside his LaGrange College dorm room early Thursday morning.
A report says that at about 1:30 a.m., the student woke up in his bed and saw a black male leaving his room through an open window.
He told police that the unknown male took a basket containing an unknown amount of money, a PlayStation, various video games, his cell phone and wallet form his room at Boatwright Dorm.
Officers checked the area and were unable to locate a suspect.
Police were investigating.
Anyone with additional information regarding the incident was asked to contact the LaGrange Police Department at 706-883-2603, or Troup County Crime Stoppers at 706-812-1000, or text an anonymous type to 274637, keyword “LAGRANGE.”
• A man in the 600 block of East Depot Street said someone forced open a lock to a shed at the residence and stole an Echo brand auger valued at $400, an orange Husker chainsaw valued at $250, a gray and black edger valued at $325 and a Hailfield air compressor valued at $500.
• A man in the 800 block of Swanson Street said someone kicked in the front door of his residence a stole a Phillips 55-inch TV and a 50-inch Samsung TV both valued at $650.
• A woman in the 500 block of Northwoods Drive said someone forced through the front door and stole a Kodak camera valued at $480, a Cannon video camera valued at $80, a Xbox game and controllers valued at $230, a Wii video game valued at $200 and five to six games valued at $20 each.
The following people pleaded guilty and were sentenced Tuesday in Troup County Superior Court:
• Brittney Danielle Eikel, 23, of Franklin; 10 years’ probation for possession of methamphetamine.
• Corey Lee Railey, 19, of LaGrange; 10 years’ probation for two counts of aggravated assault and second-degree criminal damage. Reports say that on July 27, 2011, Railey fired shots at two males inside the Chevron on New Franklin Road. A bullet stuck a window causing it to shatter. As part of probation Railey must also report to Pathways for mental health treatments.
• Sandra Denise Sawyer, whose age was unavailable, of LaGrange; 10 years’ probation for theft by taking. Sawyer stole more than $500 from Newberry Industrial Services on three separate occasions between Jan. 2008 and Dec. 2010.
• Keandre Demonte Sanford, 18, of LaGrange; 10 years’ probation for possession of ecstasy, possession of firearm by a minor, possession of firearm during commission of a crime and driving without license.
• April Chanteel Ridgeway, 34, of LaGrange; three years’ probation for first-degree forgery. Reports say Ridgeway forged a signature of a woman onto a blank check to be cashed.
• Henry Lee Ransom Jr., 58, of LaGrange, 12 months in confinement with four years probation for sale of marijuana.
• Daniel Dominick Gonzalez Jr., 21, of LaGrange, four years’ probation for burglary. Gonzalez entered a Young’s Mill Road residence to commit a theft.
• Frederick Juwon Smith, 21, of LaGrange; four years’ probation for sale of marijuana.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices