Man gets weekends in jail for stealing more than $74,000
A man pleaded guilty Monday to stealing over $74,000 dollars worth in cash from Walmart.
Larry Donnell Flowers, 51, of Birmingham, Ala., was given 20 years probation for three counts of theft by deception and 10 weekends in Troup County Jail.
“I’m deeply sorry,” Flowers said. “I’ve never shied away from my wrongdoing. I’m deeply saddened.”
Between April 2010-June 2012, Flowers wrote over 100 bad checks totaling over $74,690 that was cashed at Walmart by his sister, who was a Walmart employee. His account had been closed since 2009, according to the district attorney prosecuting the case. Flowers is also mandated to pay back the money and has been paying $1,000 a month toward restitution.
The following people pleaded guilty and were sentenced in Troup County Superior Court this week:
• Karllamonte Demontez Brooks, 25, of West Point, three years and a $500 fine for possession of cocaine.
• Terra Sharise Carter, 29, of Prattville, Ala., one year of probation for driving with a suspended or revoked license.
• Marcus Jermael Ferrell, 32, of LaGrange, five years for two counts of sale of marijuana with a $300 fine. The first two years will be served at Troup County Correctional Institute with the remainder to be served on probation
• Jennifer Cherie McGill, 26, of Lanett, Ala., five years probation for felony theft by shoplifting with a $1000 fine
• Kelvin Lewis Bell, 38, of West Point, five years probation for criminal damage to property, interference with government property. Bell used an axe to break windows on 2009 Nissan Altima. In March 2013, Bell kicked and broke into 2009 Ford Crown Victoria that was the property of the city of West Point.
• Damien Dominic Patterson, 29, of Morrow, Ga., James Louis Hill III, 31, of Nashville, Tenn. and Rasheed Adeyemi Abayomi, 28, of Morrow, Ga., 10 years probation for criminal attempt to commit a felony and theft by receiving stolen property. On Sept. 16, 2011, the three appeared at the Comfort Inn on Lafayette Parkway to pick up fraudulently ordered cell phones and received the stolen phones.
• Carlos Dean Henderson, 32, of LaGrange, 10 years with the first two years in confinement and remainder on probation for the sale of cocaine and the sale of marijuana.
• Kourtney Danielle Clark, 18, of LaGrange, five years probation for violation of the Georgia Security Law. Between Aug. 29, 2009 and Nov. 6, 2009, Clark failed to disclose that she was employed while receiving benefits that exceeded $4,000.
• Rodrickus Devon Hart, 19, of LaGrange, 12 years with first six years to be served in confinement for Georgia Street Gang Terrorism Prevention Act, obstruction of an officer and possession of marijuana.
• The theft of a purse at the Walmart on New Franklin Road was quickly resolved after the husband of the victim caught up with the purse snatcher outside the Burger King right across the street and insisted that the man give the purse back. The man was then arrested several minutes later on Colonial Street.
• A burglary in the 1700 block of Adamson Street was reported, but no property was stolen. There were damages to the front of the door that were less than $100.
• A burglary in the 100 block N. Davis Road at the Woodland Trail Apartments was reported. A .22 cal revolver valued at $150, a 20-gauge shotgun valued at $150 and a safe valued at $100 were all stolen.
• A 50 inch LG Plasma TV valued at $3,000 was reported stolen on the 400 block of E. Bacon Street. The entry point is reported unknown, but it’s believed that the suspect possibly picked a lock on a door to make entry.
Commentscomments powered by Disqus
Local Gas Prices