A man’s car was vandalized Wednesday allegedly by two boys after giving them a ride to the 100 block of Wright Street.
According to a police report, the man was leaving the Speedy Serve convenience store when two black males between the ages of 16 to 18 requested a ride to Wright Street. The man complied and gave them a ride.
Upon arrival, the two ordered him to give up his vehicle. Upon refusing, one of the boys riding in the front seat allegedly began to hit him in the face. The two exited the vehicle and allegedly began to beat on the exterior of the vehicle with some sort of brick, breaking the glass in the rear window, driver side door window and both tale lights.
The report said that the two boys ran from the area when they heard approaching sirens. The victim had a cut on the left side of his nose and complained of pain to the back of the head, but refused treatment.
This case is under investigation.
• A man reported that a thief broke into a 1998 Ford Expedition through the passenger side front window at Southside Music and Car Wash in the 900 block of Hamilton Road. The thief ripped out the overhead console and stole the built in CD changer. Damage to the vehicle is estimated to be $300.
• A man reported that a thief stole three car batteries valued at $300 in the 400 block of South Harlem Circle.
• A man reported that a thief entered the storage unit beside Rising Grove Chruch in the 200 block of East Crovat Street and stole two leafblowers. One was an Echo brand valued at $300-400 and the other was a Husqvarna valued at $250.
• A man reported that a thief stole an extension cord valued at $35 at the LaGrange Farmers Market in the 600 block of Greenville Street.
Auto break in:
• A woman reported that an unknown person entered her 1994 Honda Accord through her drivers side door .Although several documents were disturbed and removed from the glove compartment, nothing was reported stolen or missing
• Cedric Miller, 35, of LaGrange was charged with contempt of court and forgery.