Troup sheriff’s deputies charged two Alabama residents with trafficking cocaine. Napoleon Neely, 62, of Selma and Amina Cherius McCants, 26, of Camden, both were charged after officers stopped a 2000 Ford Explorer on Interstate 85 with suspected illegal window tint. The drugs were found in the hood of the engine compartment.
Kitchel Dorel Swanson, 43, whose address was unavailable, was charged with felony entering auto after he was seen inside a car in the 200 block of Smith Street on Tuesday. Nothing was taken, but the vehicle had been rummaged.
A Union Street woman was charged with misdemeanor animal cruelty after an animal control officer recovered a dog that was severely emaciated and didn’t have adequate shelter. A veterinarian who examined the dog told the officer that his growth had been stunted but should “fill out” once the dog receives regular meals.
• The manager of JK Food Mart at 1109 New Franklin Road said he suspects two employees of stealing from the store. The employees had received shipments from soft drink and beer dealers and had been falsifying the paperwork and keeping the difference in price, the manager said. The thefts total more than $24,000 in cash. The employees also were supposed to pay the business’ city of LaGrange utility bill for more than $2,000, but the bill never was paid.
• A man in the 300 block of Whitesville Street said someone broke in his house and ransacked it, taking $70 in change from a Gatorade bottle.
• A woman said someone stole her Charterbank debit card and used it for a $60 purchase at the Circle K on Lafayette Parkway.
• About $80 in change was taken during a burglary of a house in the 100 block of Auburn Avenue.
• A man in the 600 block of Borton Street said someone took a $4 perfume bottle from his Dodge Magnum and also covered the car in lotion, causing an unknown amount of damage.
• A man in the 1800 block of Mooty Bridge Road said someone took a Black and Decker drill worth $40, Skill drill worth $40 and $150 in cookware from his house in the last few weeks.
• A $100 iPod was reported taken from a house in the 7000 block of West Point Road.