Valley police arrested a number of people, including three from LaGrange, on misdemeanor gambling charges.
Police said they served a search warrant on a house in the 4300 block of 20th Avenue in Valley after investigating for two months. Police seized $4,000 in cash, four handguns, two poker tables and other items associated with playing the game.
The three LaGrange residents were charged with promoting gambling.
Meat stolen outside Commotions
A truck driver reported someone stole 23 cases of assorted meat, of unknown value, from his truck while it was parked outside Commotions, 1200 New Franklin Road, where he was inside for four hours.
• A woman in the 600 block of Arthur Street said someone took eight hydrocodone pills worth $12 were taken from her purse.
• A woman at the Stay Lodge at 1610 Whitesville St. said someone took a $1,000 Toshiba 52-inch flat screen television from inside her Ford Expedition that was parked outside the hotel. The victim said the TV was in the truck because she was in the process of moving.
• A Georgia Avenue man said someone kicked in the door of his house and took a 42-inch flat screen television and a Hewlett Packard laptop. A Nintendo Wii, Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS also were taken, along with a $450 Samsung phone and a $450 bracelet. Total value of the electronics was about $2,000.
• A woman in the 100 block of Laurel Ridge said someone kicked in the front door of her house and ransacked it, taking a 32-inch Panasonic flat screen television, LG flatscreen television, a Sony DVD player and several clothes, along with a laptop computer worth $300. The televisions are worth about $1,700.
• A man in the 900 block of Georgia Avenue said someone got in through a window of his house and took a $700 television, Xbox 360 worth $325, along with four controllers worth $140, A Sony video recorder worth $300, and other electronic devices worth about $200. Part of the house also had been ransacked.
• A man in the 200 block of Addie Street said someone took his $100 Samsung cell phone from his porch.
• A student at LaGrange High School had a $200 iPhone stolen from inside his locker.
• A man had a Trek Movada crossover bicycle worth $1,000 taken from his truck while he was parked at work at West Georgia Medical Center.
A woman in the 100 block of Handley Street said someone took a baseball bat and broke out the windows of her 2003 Honda Accord, causing more than $500 in damage. Witnesses said they saw a man do the damage, but no one could identify him.