The girl’s grandmother said she would take the child to the hospital if treatment was needed. Police were able to find the dog’s owner and took the dog for 10 days of observation at the animal shelter.
• Mark Lewis Crawford, 21, no address available, was charged with methamphetamine possession after an incident in the 800 block of North Greenwood Street. Crawford was found with a glass pipe in his pants pocket.
• Demarcus Hutchinson, 36, no address available, was charged with possession of cocaine with intent to distribute and intent to distribute in a drug-free zone after police stopped the car he was in for equipment violations. Drugs were found in his jacket.
• Dwan Lamar Harris, 30, no address available, was charged with felony cocaine and marijuana possession and traffic violations after a traffic stop on East Bacon Street.
• Cynthia Newsom, 42, no address available, was charged with possessing a controlled substance outside its original container after police interviewed her during a welfare check outside Walmart, 803 New Franklin Road.
Brandon Robbins, 17, no address available, was charged with forgery after he tried to cash a check belonging to someone else at CB&T bank at 200 N. Greenwood St.
• A LaGrange woman said she was told she could not file her 2011 tax return because someone else was using her Social Security number.
• Another LaGrange woman was unable to withdraw funds from her bank account at CB&T because someone had overdrawn another account she had with the bank for more than $300. The woman does not know who may have got access to her account.
• Someone kicked in the front door of a house in the first block of Sanford Avenue and took a 46-inch Sanyo flat screen television and a DVD player.
• A woman visiting her mother in the first block of Garfield Street said someone got in her unlocked car and took her purse, containing a $300 cell phone and other items. The purse was recovered in a nearby ditch with everything still in it except the cell phone.
• A cell phone worth $250 was taken from a bag in the team room of the boys’ gym at LaGrange High School, 518 N. Greenwood St.
• Two iPods worth $300 each and a $40 iPod case were taken from a purse at Troup High School.
An employee of All Pro Automotive Group at 709 New Franklin Road said someone cut a gas line on a 2003 Chevrolet Venture van, taking the gas from the tank. Damage was estimated at less than $500.
– It is the policy of LaGrange News to print the names of those charged with felonies.