A woman in the 400 block of South Greenwood Street said she was home asleep when a man she didn’t know came in and demanded money from her.
When the victim didn’t give the man money, he searched her apartment, then choked her. She then gave him a wallet from which he took $900 and left the house.
Anyone with information regarding this incident or any other burglaries is asked to call LaGrange police at 706-883-2603 , Troup County Crimestoppers at 706-812-1000 or contact police at www.lagrangega.org or www.facebook.com/lagrange.police.
Juveniles wreck golf cart
Two juveniles were charged with criminal damage to property after wrecking a golf cart into the side of a building at Recan Technologies at 1402 Austin St., causing $1,500 in damage. The youths also activated fire extinguishers and broke windows at the business and the youths set a small fire with gasoline inside.
Homeless man damages bulbs
The management of Burger King at 801 New Franklin Road wants to press charges against a local homeless man who solicits money from customers on a regular basis. On Monday, after the man had been seen soliciting, store staff heard a breaking noise in the parking lot and found two broken bulbs on the drive-through sign.
‘Jesus walker’ bothering customers
Police were called to the Pure Food Mart at 1708 Hamilton Road on Sunday to a suspicious woman harassing customers.
The woman told police that she was a member of the Secret Jesus Walkers and had been walking the last 14 weeks on a search to find people who were willing to provide people with a place to stay, as is outlined in the story of Joseph and Mary in the Bible. The woman said that by next year, there would be 1,536 Secret Jesus Walkers in the United States who would report to her with information on cities that didn’t provide shelter to those in need.
The woman said she was being called to Pine Mountain or West Point on Monday and only needed a room for the night.
• A man in the 300 block of Whitesville Street said he forgot to lock the back door of his house Saturday and someone got him and took a 42-inch flat screen television. Other items in the house were untouched.
• Three women in the first block of Whiting Street said someone ransacked the house while they were out running an errand. The only thing missing from the house was a partial pack of Newport cigarettes.
• Someone broke into the former Milliken Kex plant at 815 Leeman Street and attempted to get in a Coca Cola machine. Two large windows also were broken and an $800 laptop computer and $1,800 in cordless drills also were taken.
• About $900 in clothing was taken from a house in the 200 block of Bailey’s Way.
• Two gold serpentine bracelets worth a total of $100 and $300 in cash were taken from a house in the 300 block of North Sanford Avenue.
• A man said he was throwing a football with a friend outside his house in the 1000 block of Baldwin Street when a man rode up on a bicycle and took his key ring that was sitting on the stoop. The victim said the man on the bike was part of a local bicycle gang.
• A woman in the 100 block of Alton Drive said someone took $1,000 from the center console of her 2002 Toyota Sequoia.
• A Garmin navigation unit and electronic key were taken from an unsecured Nissa Maxima in the 400 block of Bridgewood Drive.
• A $50 barbecue grill was taken from the back yard of a house in the 800 block of Greenville Street.
• A $110 bicycle was taken from the porch of a house in the 900 block of Murphy Avenue.
• A purse with credit and identification cards was taken from inside a 1999 Infiniti in the 1000 block of Whitesville Street.
• A car battery, face to a Kenwood car stereo, rear view mirror and both side mirrors were taken from an unlocked 1998 Honda Accord at valley Ridge Apartments, 966 Mooty Bridge Road.
An $800 Napa pro power washer was taken from underneath a car port in the first block of Barnard Avenue.
• A total of $450 in items were taken from the bed and cab of a pick up truck in the 400 block of Sanford Avenue, including a Black and Decker skill saw and a tool box with tools inside.
• A man in the 400 block of Lake View Way said someone got into his truck and took a skill saw, took bag, chainsaw, deer video camera, Garmin bow and 30 arrows and two digitial cameras. The total value of the items was unknown.