A man could be charged with sexual battery and pointing a gun at another after he tried touching a woman’s breasts Thursday.
The victim and the man were in Fuller’s Superette at 900 Hamilton Road when the man said he wanted to give the woman money and touched her breasts as if he was putting money in her shirt. When the victim reprimanded the man, he got angry and pulled out a silver handgun, pointing it at her. The man drove off after the incident.
Eduardo Perez-Lucas, 23, whose address was unavailable, was charged with suspected child molestation by LaGrange police.
• Members of a visiting football team from Phenix City, Ala., said someone got in their bus while it was parked in the 800 block of Dallis Street and took several items. Items stolen included a $60 pair of sneakers, two $145 cell phones, clothing, candy and textbooks.
• A woman in the 400 block of Jackson Street said someone got in a back window of her apartment and took a $1,000, 40-inch JVC television and another $1,000, 40-inch Magnavox television from her house, along with a $199 Toshiba laptop, two wedding bands and another silver rope chain worth a combined $1,000.
• A woman in the 100 block of Woodard Road in Hogansville reported someone took $300 in scrap metal from her house.
• Lumber worth about $150 was taken from outside a house in the first block of Lower Big Springs Road.
• About $200 in cash was taken from a student’s book bag at Callaway Middle School on Hammett Road.
• A $99 cell phone was taken from a student’s book bag at Troup High School on Hamilton Road.
• A woman in the 800 block of Troup Street said she suspects a man she knows took $180 from her while he was in her house.
• A woman in the 100 block of Cherry Valley Drive said someone took seven of her Diazepam pills, worth $8, from her house.
• A man said someone used his Charterbank card to make more than $1,000 in purchases without his consent. He has canceled the card.