LaGrange police charged Willie Williams, 56, whose address was unavailable, with aggravated assault after he allegedly stabbed another man at Cedar and Bagley Streets Tuesday.
The victim said he was stabbed by Williams, who he knows, and that the man was seen walking toward Edgewood Avenue with a German shepherd after the incident. Police found Williams on Hamilton Road with the dog a short time later and arrested after questioning from police.
Police probe suspected robbery
A LaGrange man told police he was robbed after meeting some men in the 800 block of North Greenwood Street to borrow money. The victim said he and the men drove to North Street where the men took his money and pointed a black revolver at him. The men then got in another vehicle and drove away.
LaGrange police charged Fabian Lee Phillips, 32, whose address was unavailable, with felony marijuana possession after arresting him on a parole violation Tuesday.
• A woman in the 1300 block of Forrest Avenue said someone got in the front door of her house and took all three of her televisions, worth $1,000, and a 24-pack of eggs. A window on one of the front bedrooms also had been broken and two eggs were found near the window.
• An employee of Interface at 1503 Orchard Hill Road said about $146 was taken from her wallet, which she’d left in a bag on top of boxes in the janitor’s work room.
• A woman in the 200 block of Harwell Avenue said she saw two men getting out of her Ford Explorer at about 2 a.m. Tuesday. When she and her husband inspected the vehicle, her purse was missing. The purse contained bank cards and other identification.
• A woman in the 400 block of Park Avenue said someone got in her unlocked Kia Soul and took about $15 in change from the center console.
• A $105 iPhone 4s cell phone was taken from a locker room at LaGrange High School.
A customer of Frontier Bank told police she’d been contacted by a company called “Green Dot” who wanted to give her money in exchange for her checking account number and personal information.
• A manager of Dan Ric proprieties said someone broke in the club house at apartments on Bailey’s Way and damaged the bathrooms. Damage was estimated at $500.
• A woman in the 200 block of DeGroat Street said someone keyed her 2007 Suzuki Forenza down to the paint, causing $2,000 in damage.