The Downtown LaGrange Development Authority (DLDA) is again sponsoring the oversized ornament design competition this year.
The DLDA will provide each participating artist or group of artists with a 48 inch round piece of plywood to be decorated on both sides suitable for outdoor display in Downtown LaGrange as Christmas decorations. These ornaments will be displayed around the fountain on Lafayette Square.
The first place winner will receive a $200 Downtown gift certificate and the honorable mention will receive a $100 Downtown gift certificate.
The following are the guidelines for the competition:
• Both sides of the ornament must be finished, as both sides will be visible.
• Use of weatherproof materials is required.
• No company logos or names allowed on ornaments.
• Please provide the artist names and any description so the information will be displayed with the ornament.
• You may add to the wood, but not to the extreme, maintaining the round Christmas ornament shape.
• You may remove portions of the ornament but must maintain the round ornament shape.
• The ornament must be able to withstand the elements and will be in place from Nov. 29 through Dec. 31.
• The ornament will be secured by brackets and stakes that will be attached to the back of the ornament, stands and supports are not needed.
Contestants must contact the Director of Promotions and Marketing for DLDA, Barbie Watts, at email@example.com, or at 706-298-4534 by Friday to reserve an ornament.
All entries must be returned to the Chamber of Commerce parking lot by Nov. 26.