Two counterfeit $100 bills with the same serial number have been reported since Monday.
One of the bills was discovered at Pizza Hut on Commerce Avenue after supervisors realized that an employee had exchanged the fake $100 for five $20s. It was later determined that the employee who exchanged the bill had received the fake cash from a man who approached him at a New Franklin Road convenience store.
The employee said a slender white male, about 5 feet, 8 inches tall with shoulder-length dirty blonde hair had asked him if he had change for a $100 bill. He told the male he only had about $90, which the male said was fine. He made the switch, thinking he had gotten the better deal, and later exchanged the bill at his job to get smaller bills to pay for gas.
The second fake bill was discovered at JR Food Mart on Whitesville Street after a male entered the store suspecting that he had a counterfeit bill. According to the Food Mart employee, a young white male brought the bill in and said he received it from someone whom he sold a four wheeler.
He believed the bill was fake and wanted the store to check it for him. After it was proven fake, the male wrote his name and number on a paper sack and said he had to leave due to work. Police were unable to locate the customer.
The serial numbers on the two bills are FF 95594731 A.
• A man in the first block of Darden Road said that someone stole entered a shed in the yard and stole a Craftsman cordless drill and accessories valued at $289, a Craftsman sander and accessories valued at $179, a Craftsman buffer and accessories valued at $349 and a 26-inch flat screen TV valued at $700.
• A man said that someone stole a 6x10 cargo trailer valued at $1,200 from his business in 3000 block of West Point Road.
• An employee of Bank of America said that someone stole an AC unit valued at $2,500 from the building on Main Street.
• A woman in the 2500 block of Mobley Bridge Road said that someone stole an iron heater and a table saw valued at $1,000 total from her barn.
• A woman in the 100 block of Old Pond Road said that someone entered her cars and stole a black Carhatt jacket valued at $100, a USB cable valued at $10 and an iPod Nano mp3 player valued at $100.
• A woman said that someone entered her 1994 blue Volvo 850 Turbo in the 300 block of Baileys Way and stole a variety of hunting equipment and gear, bags containing various clothing, and HP laptop, a bag of CK One lotions and perfumes and a NY Yankee hat valued at a total $2,620.
• A man in the 200 block of Old Pond Road said that someone entered his 2001 Nissan Frontier and stole a pair of Maui Jim sunglasses valued at $200 and a pair of Wolverine steel toe work boots valued at $150.
• A man in the 100 block of West Hillside Drive said that someone stole a burgundy and gray 20 inch boy’s Mongoose bike valued at $100 from his front yard.
• A woman said that someone stole $160 worth of plastic flowers from her family plot at Shadow Lawn Cemetery on New Franklin Road.
• A man in the 100 block of Cross Creek Drive said that someone removed the passenger side mirror and antenna from his 1999 Toyota Tacoma, causing less than $500 in damage.