Two men in LaGrange have reported that they have given someone by the name of “D” cash as down payments towards the purchase of cars, and have not been able to contact him.
According to police reports, “D” presented himself as an auto dealer and informed the two victims that he purchases cars from auto auctions in Columbus. One of the victims has given “D” $1,500 as a down payment towards the purchase of a car. The other victim has given “D” almost $1,000 in payments.
If anyone has information about this incident, please contact the LaGrange Police Department at 706-883-2603 of the Troup County Sheriff’s’s Office at 706-883-1616.
• A man in the 100 block of Pine Circle said that someone broke into his home and stole a watch valued at $60 and a cell phone valued at $50.
• A man in the first block of Hines Road said that someone went into his residence and stole a 32 inch LG TV, a PlayStation 3, and several PlayStation games. The value of the stolen merchandise is undetermined.
• A man in the 100 block of Auburn Avenue said that someone broke into his home and stole a Sony PlayStation valued at $300, a Toshiba laptop valued at $300, a Nintendo Wii valued at $200, a Sony PlayStation 2 valued at $200, and $100 in change.
• A woman on Vernon Road said that someone in a blue Nissan stole two hand carts valued at $175 each.
• A woman in the 100 block of Youngs Mill Road said that someone broke into her home and stole a 32 inch Sony flat screen TV valued at $550, a Wii game system valued at $350, an eMachine laptop valued at $200, a DVD player valued at $150, about 15 DVDs valued at $150, a Game Cube valued at $300, and various gifts to which the values are unknown.
• A man in the first block of Timothy Street said that someone stole his 17 inch Rally rims valued at $1,200 and four tires valued at $400 off of his 1985 Chevrolet Monte Carlo.
• A woman in the 500 block of Everette Street said that someone broke her glass door, causing almost $200 in damage.
• A woman in the 900 block of Mooty Bridge Road said that someone severely keyed her 2000 Honda Accord causing, about $2,000 in damage.
• A man in the 100 block of Turner Street said that someone kicked in his door, causing less than $500 in damage.
• A woman in the 800 block of Borton Street said someone broke a window at her residence, causing $200 in damage.
• A member of Leete Hill United Methodist Church said that someone cut the outside phone wires, causing $100 in damage.
• A woman said that someone keyed her car in the 600 block of Broad Street (LaGrange College), causing less than $500 in damage.