A supervisor at Contract Office Resources on East Lukken Industrial Drive said that an employee tried to stab him during an altercation.
The supervisor told police that his employees were on break and he told them to get back to work. One employee continued to sit in the chair, and after about three times of instructing the employee to get up the employee became angry.
The employee stood up as if he were about to walk out the door to head back to work, but instead he allegedly grabbed his supervisor as if trying to fight. The supervisor said he briefly struggled with the angry employee before finally taking him to the ground. He said that the employee then pulled out a knife from his right hip and began trying to stab him. He said he was able to grab the assailant’s hand and though the assailant was actively trying to cut him, he was able to take the knife away. The supervisor took the knife to the plant manager and the employee was given his knife back and terminated.
Officers are investigating the incident and are speaking with the alleged five witnesses. No arrest has been made in this case.
• A man said that someone pried open the door to his storage barn on Whitesville Road and stole several pieces of antique furniture, fireplace inserts and an antique cast iron butter churn. The value of the stolen merchandise is approximately $3,500.
• A man in the 400 block of Stovall Road said that someone stole his black lawn trailer from the back of his residence. The trailer is valued at $2,000.
• A man in the 200 block of Poplar Circle said that someone stole a 16 gauge Springfield shotgun valued at $200 from his residence.
• Terry Lamar McDaniel, 32, of LaGrange, was arrested on Feb. 25 and charged with robbery.
• William J. James, 26, of Union City was arrested on Feb. 21 and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony.
• Darius L. Shorts, 21, of Safford, Ala., was arrested on Feb. 21 and charged with possession of marijuana with intent to distribute.