Vanishing Troup: The Park Hotel
The Park Hotel hotel was built in the 1840s and was renovated several times before it was destroyed by fire in 1951.
It featured many luxuries from the period, including speaking tubes linking rooms to the office and kitchen, marble stairs and floors, electric lights, sanitary plumbing and porcelain tubs with hot and cold water.
It had the first elevator in LaGrange. It was located on the eastern corner of South Court Square.