Concert, benefit ride to highlight weekend
Published 9:30 pm Thursday, May 19, 2022
There are several fun events to take part in LaGrange this weekend. From book clubs to music concerts, there is something exciting for everyone.
- On Friday, May 20 from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m., the Hogansville Public Library will be hosting Crafternoon for Kids. This week, they will be making tote bags. No registration is required, and materials will be available while supplies last.
- Also on Friday, George Thorogood & the Destroyers will be returning to LaGrange for their Good To Be Bad Tour! Doors will open at 7 p.m., and the concert will last from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets start at $41, and can be bought here.
- On Saturday, Unique Obsessions Sweet Shop, a sweet company out of Birmingham, Alabama, is coming to LaGrange to offer a Master Treat Class. This class will feature training on a number of techniques including special designs and table aesthetics. The class will be at the Comfort Inn & Suites on Lafayette Parkway at 2 p.m. The class will also be livestreamed on Facebook.
- Defending America’s Defenders, Inc. will hold its 14th Annual Poker Run, a motorbiking event benefiting the area’s veterans this Saturday. Participants will start at Iron Cross Motorcycle Club at 2516 Upper Big Springs Road, where registration will begin at 9 a.m. The ride will start at 11 a.m. and will end at Whitetail Pub, located at 5309 Roanoke Road. The event will cost $20 per bike, which will also cover the cost of lunch. Each additional passenger has to pay $5.
- For those looking to connect with other book readers, the Hogansville Library is hosting the Page Turner book club on Saturday at 2 p.m. The club is open to adults of any age, and light refreshments will be provided.
- Also on Saturday, Fifty Shades of Pain Inc. is hosting their second Annual Lupus Awareness Rally & Walk at Granger Park, starting at 9 a.m. The event will feature a number of vendors, and all donations will go to raising awareness about Lupus. For those interested in participating in the walk, you can register here.