LaGrange teen charged with amphetamine possession
A 17-year-old was charged with amphetamine possession after officers responded to calls of a suspicious person walking on Sunny Point Circle and talking to himself early Monday morning.
According to a report, officers found Joshua M. Harrington of LaGrange walking near Sunny Point Recreation Area at Moody Bridge Road. The reporting officer said Harrington switched between cordial and accusative as he spoke with officers, and he gave conflicting statements of where he was heading.
At one point, the officer reported that he was advised by 911 that the birthday on record for Harrington was different than what he had given them, and he placed Harrington in handcuffs. However, 911 then told him that they made an error and Harrington was taken out of cuffs.
The officer said he could see an outline of something cylindrical in Harrington’s pocket, which Harrington allegedly told him was a pipe that he found was going to dispose of. He denied there was any drugs in it.
He handed over the pipe, which had suspected drug residue, according to the officer’s report. Harrington was arrested and taken to Troup County Jail, where he was being held without bond this morning.
A manager at Sivell Electric & Security at 124 Oak Lane reported Monday morning that someone stole a Honda Generator valued at $600, Craftsman scroll saw valued at $150 and a Hitachi table saw of unspecified value from the business.
Michael J. Conte, 37, of LaGrange was listed as arrested in the case and was charged with burglary. He was being held this morning without bond in Troup County Jail.
There was no further information available this morning.
In other incidents:
• A diamond ring valued at $1,000 and $65 cash from a purse was reported stolen by a resident of the 800 block of North Greenwood Street.
• A resident of the 100 block of Turner Street reported that a burglar entered through an open window and stole a 52-inch plasma Panasonic flat-screen TV valued at $500.
• Someone stole $390 from a purse from a home in the 100 block of Whitesville Street, the resident reported.
• A vandal scratched an expletive into a 2013 Chrysler 200 parked in the 100 block of Alton Drive, the owner reported. Damage was estimated at about $500.
• A resident of the 100 block of Wynnwood Drive reported that he heard a noise and found a window broken at the back of his home. There was a man standing outside the window who fled when he yelled at him, the resident stated. Damage was estimated at $300.