Troup County honors employees’ years of service
Published 12:00 am Wednesday, December 16, 2015
LaGRANGE — The Troup County Board of Commissioners on Tuesday honored county employees for their years of service. Honorees included:
• Melissa Wortham, 911 shift supervisor, 30 years of service. She started at the Troup County Fire Department in 1985. In December of 1987, she was transferred to Troup County 911 where she started as a shift supervisor. She has continued in that capacity for the last 28 years.
• Marion Howington, captain and paramedic with the Troup County Fire Department, 30 years of service. Howington joined the Troup County Fire Department in 1985 and was awarded Rookie of the Year following his initial training. He later was recognized as Firefighter of the Year. He holds several fire instructor certifications and is a certified hazardous materials technician.
• For 25 years of service: Russell Creel, fire department; Dennis Gaddy, fire department; Sherry Huckleberry, 911 operator; Chris May, fire department; Darian O’Neal, parks and recreation department; Alesia Steele, sheriff’s office.
• For 20 years of service: Sue Edmonson, county shop; Scott Hester, fire department; Richard Kee, fire department; Lori Martelli, roads and engineering department; Debbie Wade, probate court, Russell Reid, fire department.
• For 15 years of service: Donald Boyd, probate court; Ron Yorrick, work release program.
• For 10 years of service: Lori Brewer, public works; Leo Cummings, sheriff’s department; Thad Hackley, sheriff’s office; Kyle Lester, county jail; Ronnie Person, sheriff’s office; Jeff Walker, sheriff’s office; Jeffery Walls, public works.
• For five years of service: Angel Bender, public works; Cornelius Rome, roads and engineering department; Vivian Kelly, property appraisals.