Roads remain closed after flooding
Published 12:00 am Monday, December 28, 2015
LaGRANGE — The following roadways remained closed today following severe flooding last week:
• Plymouth Drive between Colonial Court to Jefferson Place.
• Perdue Road at Greenville Road.
• Towns Road between Hines Road and Costley Road.
• Perkins Road between Keith Road and the Troup County line.
• Mountville-Hogansville Road at Flat Creek.
• One lane of North View Point Drive.
• One lane of Clearview Court.
• One lane of Warner Road between Gray Hill School Road and Jim Tuner Road.
• Bill Taylor Road is completely closed.
• Willis Drive near Vulcan Materials Road is closed, but was expected to reopen today.
In a Facebook post today, the Troup County Sheriff’s Office and the county roads department asked for the public’s patience as the repairs may take some time.
“I expect some of the repairs could take as much as four to six months,” said James Emery, the county’s roads engineer. “We are making a lot of temporary fixes today, as many of them as we can.”
Follow LaGrange Daily News on Facebook at www.facebook.com/LaGrangeDailyNews and visit our website at www.lagrangenews.com for updates on road closures and repairs.