Columnist: Write down your goals for 2016
Do you have your goals written down for 2016? Why not?
A study of Harvard graduates found that after 2 years, the 3 percent who had written goals achieved more financially than the other 97 percent combined!
Goals can be fun. When I was in my early 20s if I had made my goals by Sept. 1 would go on a hunting trip. It got where I could not afford to go on my hunting trips for I was making myself stretch a long ways to go hunting.
Whatever turns you on, set your goals. If you do that plus 20 percent you get to do something special.
My friend John has now lost 98 pounds. He has it written down and how many miles he will walk each day. It works! He is like a new young man back hunting, fishing and enjoying life.
Yes, I am proud of John. Now John is writing me, “Jerry, you can lose that 20 pounds! Just get serious, write it down and get started.”
I promise you will have more fun and enjoy life more if you have written goals. One thing I wish you would find the time to do is read more books.
Books are knowledge which, when used correctly, becomes wisdom. Retirement is just a number. When you have enough money you do not have to worry about money.
Speaking of retirement, I think of security and to me security means choices. Work, at that time, is your choice. You do not want to know the 27 ways to prepare Alpo and like it.
When you do not have a plan in life you are asking for trouble. What should your written goals look like? How many days of vacation you will have and where it starts. Make it fun, but do it now!
Guess what, if you do it, your kids will do it! I dare you to make 2016 your best year ever and have more fun than ever, I am! I will have it written down!
http://lagrangenews.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/37/2016/01/web1_STOCK-LettersRGB2.jpg Dear Editor: Earlier this year, Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal implemented a Vietnam veteran recognition program called the Vietnam War... read more