Small fire damages property
Published 12:00 am Tuesday, February 9, 2016
LaGRANGE — Troup County firefighters extinguished a small blaze Monday morning outside a residence in the 700 block of Whitaker Road.
No one was injured and a cause was undetermined, according to the Troup County Fire Department officials.
A woman who identified herself as Phyllis Wright, a neighbor, said she looked out her kitchen window, saw the fire and called 911. She attempted to use a garden hose to contain the fire while firefighters were en route, she said.
The owner of the property where the fire occurred was not at home when the blaze sparked, firefighters said.
The fire occurred in what appeared to be a pool house area that contained a pool pump. Firefighters said it’s possible that the pump malfunctioned and started the fire, but were unsure.
In all, the pump house and several feet of wooden fencing were destroyed.