Young professionals get HYPE-ed for new year
Published 10:00 am Saturday, February 4, 2017
LaGRANGE – Troup County’s young professionals held their first meeting of the year on Thursday and announced new officers as well as events that the group hopes to take part in throughout the year.
HYPE was founded in 2010 in conjunction with the LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce, with the goal of creating an energetic and dynamic learning, networking and entrepreneurial environment to empower young professionals in the county.
Besides strengthening connections within the community, this group of 23 to 45-year olds raised $2,075 for the LaGrange-Troup County Humane Society with their Bark at the Park 5K and fun run in 2016. Several members of the group have expressed an interest in hosting the event again, though the date for the Bark at the Park’s second annual run is currently to be announced. The group also gathered children’s toy donations during last year’s Christmas Parade.
HYPE currently has a variety of networking events scheduled for early this year including:
- Masquerade Cocktails and Connections on February 11 from 6 to 8 p.m. at 111 Bull Street where guests can enjoy LaGrange’s first Mardi Gras Parade. The event costs $25 for HYPE members and guests.
- Lunch in the Know on February 21 from 12 to 1 p.m. will allow members to hear from local mayors and the county commission chairman and will take place at 111 Bull Street. The event costs $10 for HYPE members and guests.
- HYPE Hockey at the Snake Pit on March 10 at 7:30 p.m. where members will be able to watch the Columbus Cottonmouths play the Knoxville Ice Bears from the Coweta Hospitality Suite. Tickets are $25 for HYPE members and guests. The event will be limited to 25 attendees.
- HYPE Happy Hour on March 21 from 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Brickhouse. This event is free to HYPE members and guests, though attendees will need to purchase their own drinks.
- Lunch in the Know on March 28 from 12 to 1 p.m. where the group will discuss social media do’s and don’ts with Shelley Strickland of The Strickland Group.
To learn more about HYPE, visit www.hypelagrange.com or check them out on Facebook. The group’s events are also posted on the LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce calendar at http://business.lagrangechamber.com/events/
Reach Alicia B. Hill at email@example.com or at 706-884-7311, Ext. 2154.