UPDATED: Closings for Monday and Tuesday
Published 8:46 pm Saturday, September 9, 2017
Here’s the latest update on closings due to Hurricane Irma:
- Callaway Gardens will close Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, according to its Facebook page. Both golf courses will be closed Monday and Tuesday, with a tentative reopening on Wednesday.
- The Wild Animal Safari in Pine Mountain will be closed Monday, according to its Facebook page.
- Troup County Schools will close Monday and Tuesday. The Troup County School System’s maintenance and custodial staff will report both days to assist with clean-up efforts at the schools.
- LaGrange College will close Monday and Tuesday.
- Holiday Campground, which had reopened to take in evacuees from Hurricane Irma, is closing again at 3 p.m. Sunday due to the possibility of inclement weather in LaGrange Monday and Tuesday.
- LaGrange Academy is closed Monday and Tuesday.
- All nonessential Troup County Government offices will be closed Monday . Anyone scheduled to report to state court on Monday will now report to state court on Friday, per Sgt. Stewart Smith with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office.
- Point University will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- The LaGrange Memorial and Hogansville Public libraries will be closed on Monday and Tuesday.
- Troup County Parks & Recreation are closed Monday.
- Non-essential services for the city of LaGrange will be closed Monday.
- Trash and Garbage pickups in the city of LaGrange will be pushed back one day. If you have pick up on Mondays, it will be Tuesday this week and so on. That’s subject to change, depending on the weather. Municipal courts will be closed Monday and reschedule dates will be announced soon.
- All City of West Point non-essential services will be closed Monday and Tuesday. The West Point public safety, public works, and our utility department will continue operations. The West Point City Council meeting scheduled for Monday has also been cancelled.
- West Georgia Technical College will be closed Monday and Tuesday.
- The LaGrange-Troup County Chamber Office will be closed on Monday and Tuesday so the staff can be with their families when Irma impacts our area. We do hope to reopen on Wednesday morning.
- The LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce has postponed Tuesday’s Early Bird Breakfast until Friday, September 15 at 7 a.m. at Del’avant. All registrants were sent an email on Friday requesting that your reconfirm attendance to LeTisha (email@example.com). If seats become available, we will let you know if you would like to attend. This month’s activities are especially important as we honor the men and women that will be keeping us safe over the upcoming days.
- The Youth Leadership session scheduled for Tuesday evening at West Georgia Tech has been cancelled.
- The Leadership Troup overnight retreat scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday has been cancelled.
- Publix in LaGrange closed Monday afternoon.
- The City of LaGrange has canceled its regular council meeting which was scheduled for Tuesday at 5:30 p.m.