Sorry to see fire take place, but glad no one was hurt

Published 8:00 pm Thursday, March 22, 2018

Around 10 a.m. Wednesday, we received a call that Roger’s Bar-B-Que in Hogansville was burning to the ground. Others got the same call, which thankfully turned out to only be half true.

The restaurant, which has been open for decades, is a local favorite in Hogansville. Even if you’ve never been there to eat, you could tell by the community support the restaurant and its workers received Thursday. The mayor, council members and everyday working men and women came by to make sure everyone was OK and to see if there was anything they could do.

Once the fire was put out, many rolled up their sleeves and got to work on helping to clear the building.

Pictures from the inside show significant damage, but the fire could’ve been much worse. Thankfully nobody was hurt in the blaze.

We’re sure Randy Striblin will rebuild the parts of the restaurant that need to be repaired and in time, we’re sure the barbecue will be as good as ever.

In the meantime, this seems like a good time for other local businesses to review their safety plans. It always hits a little more at home when something like this happens in our community, and it’s better to be safe than sorry.