“Mega Load” truck to travel through west central Georgia overnight Tuesday and Wednesday night
The vehicle has 19 axles, is 13 feet 2 inches wide and 14 feet tall, and 187 feet long. The gross weight of the vehicle and its load is 338,000 pounds.
The “Mega Load” vehicle will be accompanied by Georgia State Patrol officers with marked cars and flashing lights. Motorists who encounter the “Mega Load” truck are urged to be alert to the situation, slow their speeds and be careful in passing it.
The shipment will depart the Port of Savannah on Tuesday, Jan. 8, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.:
- Arriving on I-16 westbound at around 10:25 p.m.
- Taking US 23 (exit 6) at Macon at around 12:25 a.m.
- Taking US 80 in Macon at around 12:40 a.m.
- Turning onto Spring Street in Macon at around 12:50 a.m.
- Taking US 23 in Macon at around 1:00 a.m.
- Turning on to I-75 northbound in North Macon at around 1:45 a.m.
- Arriving at the Forsyth Scales around 1:55 a.m.
Evening, Wednesday, Jan. 9, 2019, departing at 9:00 p.m.:
- Leaving Forsyth Scales at around 9:00 p.m., traveling I-75 northbound
- Arriving and crossing over Bill Gardner Parkway using exit ramps (exit 212) at Locust Grove at around 9:45 p.m.
- Continuing on I-75 northbound
- Reaching I-75 / I-675 at around 10:15 p.m.
The “Mega Load” truck will then pass out of the West Central Georgia region northbound, with the route eventually including I-285 westbound, I-85 southbound in the Atlanta area and back into west central Georgia (District 3):
- Taking Georgia 154 at around 11:20 p.m.
- Taking Georgia 34 at around 11:30 p.m.
- Turning onto I-85 southbound again at around 11:40 p.m.
- Using Georgia 109 exit ramps at 12:25 a.m.
- Using US 27 exit ramps at 12:30 a.m.
- Arriving at Alabama State line at 1:05 a.m.