LaGrange Fire Department investigating kitchen fire on Hickory Terrace

Published 2:31 pm Wednesday, June 19, 2019

The LaGrange Fire Department is investigating a kitchen fire that took place on Hickory Terrace on Tuesday.

According to a press release from the city, the LFD was dispatched at 8:04 p.m. Tuesday for a report of a kitchen fire, and the first unit arrived on the scene at 8:09 p.m. Crews found a single story residential structure with smoke coming from the roofline.

Firefighters advanced a two-attack line, one to the C-side of the structure and the second line to the A-side front door.

According to the press release, firefighters entered the kitchen where most of the fire damage was located. Heavy black smoke and heat were encountered during their initial entry. A minor fire was seen at the time of entry.

Firefighters used a 1 ¾ hand line to extinguish the fire and remaining hot spots. The fire was reportedly under controlled and out at 8:30 p.m.

Firefighters conducted a search of the structure, and all of the occupants made it out of the residence safely.

The fire reportedly caused an estimated $30,000 in smoke and heat damage to the structure.

According to the press release, the cause of the fire is accidental due to unattended cooking.