Local postponements/cancellations due to COVID-19
The Downtown LaGrange Development Authority announced Friday that its major annual block party on Saturday has been cancled.
“After consulting with local and regional Health officials, and our City officials, the DLDA has decided, in an abundance of caution, to cancel our St. Patrick’s Day Event on March 14,” said Executive Director of DLDA Bill Hunnicut. “We will reschedule another block party in the near future. We would like to remind everyone that all the restaurants and bars downtown are open for business and hope people (except those that feel ill or have weak immune systems) will join them for their celebrations.”
Below are cancelations/postponements due to the spread of the coronavirus. This list will be updated online as more information becomes available:
- Troup County’s three Active Life Centers will close after lunch today through the month of March. The Active Life will continue providing meals to home-bound seniors.
- The Troup-Harris Regional Library has canceled all library-sponsored programs until April 1.
- The Troup County Relay for Life Sponsor Luncheon scheduled for Saturday has been postponed.
- The Troup County Foster Parent Association has canceled its March 17 foster parents training meeting.
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace has announced that it has suspended all volunteer activities for at least 30 days, including the delivery of beds.
- The Hogansville Police Department has postponed its annual Easter Egg Hunt, scheduled for April 11. The HPD plans to announce an alternate event at a later date.
- The West Georgia Choral Festival scheduled for Saturday has been canceled.
- The LaGrange Lions Club is canceling all meetings through March 31, including the regular meetings scheduled for March 17, 24, and 31, and the regular board meeting scheduled for March 19. Meetings will resume on April 7 unless otherwise announced.
- Troup County will temporarily close all parks and recreation facilities and suspend all scheduled recreation activities, effective immediately.
- The county will reevaluate the reopening of recreation facilities and activities on Monday, March 30, 2020.
- The LaGrange Mall will not host the Easter Bunny or any events scheduled to occur at the mall over the next four weeks. At this time the mall and all its stores remain open and operational.
- Tumble Town 2 is canceling all scheduled classes effective immediately until March 30.
- The March 27 Troup Retired Educators’ meeting at Highland Country Club has been canceled.
What was supposed to be a Thursday night town-hall meeting for LaGrange residents to ask city officials about their tax... read more