Second case of coronavirus confirmed in Troup County
A second confirmed case of coronavirus has been confirmed in Troup County, according to District 4 Public Health.
No gender or age information has been released about any either patient at this time.
As of noon Tuesday, the public health department reported a total of 146 cases and two in Troup County. There has been one death in the state as of Tuesday.
Nationwide, the Center for Disease Control has confirmed 4,226 confirmed cases and 75 deaths.
District 4 Public Health recommends taking the following precautions to stop the spread of coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp signed an executive order Monday night closing all public elementary, secondary and post-secondary public schools in... read more