County to partially reopen parks and rec facilities
Troup County will conduct a partial reopening of Parks and Recreation facilities on Monday, May 18, to include all county-owned parks and playgrounds, along with limited access to certain facilities.
According to a press release from Troup County, the county is slowly reopening to ensure the safety of staff members, as well as the citizens of our community.
Social distancing measures and reminders will be in place at each facility, and the community will be encouraged to follow safety procedures outlined from Gov. Brian Kemp.
The following facilities are included in the partial reopen of business on Monday, May 18, 2020:
- The Mike Daniel Recreation Center will have a partial open to include fitness room and pickle ball access. It will not open for basketball or swimming. Limited hours of operation will be Monday through Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., Friday from 7 a.m. to 5.p.m., and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Pyne Road Park will have permitted access to camping and boat ramp and is currently accepting camping reservations to begin on May 18.
- Ann and Doc McCluskey Tennis Complex will have a partial open to include tennis courts. The pro shop will be closed. The complex be accepting reservations and encouraging call ahead services to (706) 884-1715. Limited hours of operation will be Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- William J. Griggs Recreation Center will have a partial opening to include the fitness room and recreation office access. It will not be open for basketball or swimming. The recreation center is not taking event reservations until further notice. Limited hours of operation Monday to Thursday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- Hogansville Division Recreation Center will have a partial open to include fitness room and recreation office access. Limited hours of operation will include Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
- West Point Division Recreation Center will partially open recreation office access. There will be limited hours of operation Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., and closed on Saturday and Sunday.
All Active Life Centers in LaGrange, Hogansville and West Point, and all splash pads/outdoor and indoor pools facilities will remain temporarily closed until further notice.
In addition, all spring and summer recreation programs have been canceled. Troup County said that all customers who have already paid for a spring program will have already received a full credit in their CivicRec account to apply toward a future purchase. For those with questions, contact Troup County Parks and Recreation at (706) 883-1670.
LaGrange council to restart utility disconnections: Six month payment plan available for past due balances
The LaGrange City Council amended a resolution Tuesday to restart disconnection service on past due utility bills on June 1.... read more