Troup County to reopen select government offices
Published 10:53 am Saturday, May 16, 2020
Troup County will begin to reopen select government offices inside the Troup County Government Center to in-person traffic on Monday.
According to a press release from Troup County, in accordance with guidelines instructed by Gov. Kemp and the CDC, all visitors are encouraged to wear face masks and practice social distancing while visiting the building.
All visitors who enter the government center will be screened upon entering by county personnel.
The screening will include being asked to answer health-related questions as recommended by local health agencies.
Additionally, the county said visitors will be prompted with a temperature check to ensure the wellness of all patrons seeking in-person services.
All visitors will be subject to denial of entry based on their response to the questions and/or temperature.
The county encourages the public to please stay home if experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, and ask for patience with all offices as they adjust to in-person traffic once again.
All offices will continue to provide services online and via phone for those who wish to avoid person-to-person interaction.
The following offices will reopen to in-person traffic on May 18, during normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The Troup County Tax Commissioner’s Office
- The Troup County Property Appraisal Office
- The Troup County Clerk of Superior and State Courts
The Troup County Community Development Department will continue to limit in-person traffic until June 1. The office will continue to offer services via phone at (706) 883-1650 and online at www.troupcountyga.gov/Departments/Community_Development.
The following offices will continue to limit in-person traffic until further notice:
- The Troup County Probate Court Office; The office will continue to offer services via phone at (706) 883-1690, online at https://www.troupcountyga.gov/Courts/Probate, and in person by appointment only.
- The Troup County Magistrate Court Office; The office will continue to offer services via phone at (706) 883-1695, online at www.troupcountyga.gov/Courts/Magistrate, and in person by appointment only.
In addition, the Statewide Judicial Emergency in the State of Georgia remains in effect until June 12. For any questions regarding scheduled court cases, contact the Troup County Clerk of Court’s Office at (706) 883-1740, Troup County Court Services at (706) 883-2170, or the Judges’ Chambers at (706) 883-1727 during normal business hours, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.