UPDATED: Subject arrested after barricaded himself in home on Youngs Mill Road

Published 4:45 pm Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The LaGrange Police Department arrested Dustin Parker, 27, on Wednesday after he barricaded himself for four hours at 115 Young Mills Road. While barricaded, Parker  allegedly threatened to hurt officers and called in a fictitious robbery attempt to try to lure officers away.

After Parker did not respond to the department’s numerous verbal appeals to let officers enter the home, officers at the scene threw tear gas into the residence, according to Mike Pheil, patrol commander captain for the LaGrange Police Department. Parker subsequently surrendered to officers and has been charged with robbery by sudden snatching (FVA), auto theft (FVA), obstruction of police officers, and unlawful conduct during a 911 call, according to a LPD press release.

According to LPD, Parker was wanted in a robbery after he allegedly took his mother’s purse Monday and assaulted her at 3124 Hogansville Road. Parker then took her vehicle without her consent and later abandoned it in Heard County.

On Wednesday, the LaGrange Police Department was notified by deputies with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office regarding Parker’s whereabouts at 115 Young’s Mill Road. Deputies with the Troup County Sheriff’s Office and officers with the LaGrange Police Department responded to the area.

During this time, attempts were made to have Parker exit the residence and peacefully surrender, according to LPD. Parker was armed and allegedly had made threats to hurt officers if they attempted to arrest him. As a perimeter was established, Parker allegedly placed a phone call to Troup County E911 and reported a fictitious armed robbery at Bargain Hunt, located at 299 Commerce Avenue, in an attempt to lure officers away from his location.

The attempt to lure officers away was unsuccessful and the perimeter was maintained, according to LPD. At that time, the LaGrange Police Department’s emergency services unit was called to the scene to assist with Parker’s arrest. After an approximate four-hour standoff with Parker, all attempts to have Parker surrender peacefully failed. Gas was then deployed into the residence in an attempt to have Parker surrender. At that point, Parker did exit the residence and surrendered without further incident.