Troup County Sheriff’s Office instates COVID rules
Due to a rise in cases of COVID-19 cases in Troup County, the following protocols are being implemented at the Troup County Sheriff’s Office effective Monday:
- Anyone entering the Troup County Sheriff’s Office must wear a facemask which covers their mouth and nose. If the person does not have a mask, TCSO staff will provide one.
- If someone needs to make a report with a deputy or investigator, they are encouraged to call 911 for a deputy to meet with them at their home or business instead of coming in person to the office.
- Visitors to the TCSO office may be asked to return to their vehicle and wait until the individual they are needing to meet with can call and speak with them.
- Visitors are asked to limit the number of persons entering our lobby area to just one person per party if possible (bonds, inmate accounts, etc.)
- Those individuals who are required to come to the sheriff’s office for judicial purposes will still do so.
- The following is in place for the inmate visitation center:
- Only six visits will take place at one given time and visits will be limited to one adult and one small child per visit.
- Masks will be required when entering the visitation building.
- If the visitor is sick or has recently been around someone who is sick, the visit will be rescheduled for a later time.
The TCSO said procedures are being put in place out of an abundance of caution and in no way indicate an outbreak of COVID-19 within our facility or organization. If you have any questions or concerns contact TCSO at (706) 883-1616.