Gang member from LaGrange to serve 30 years

Published 10:00 am Friday, August 20, 2021

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A gang member from LaGrange has been sentenced to 30 years in prison followed by 20 years on probation.

Jabbari Fisher, aka: “Homixide,” 20, pleaded guilty to five violations of the Georgia Street Gang  Terrorism and Prevention Act, two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, one count of criminal  attempt to commit armed robbery, and one count of possession of firearm during commission of a felony on Monday, according to a press release from Herb Cranford, District Attorney for the Coweta Judicial Circuit.

The charges resulted from two incidents Fisher perpetrated in the City of LaGrange. In the late evening hours of June 5, 2020, as the victim sat in the driver’s seat of his vehicle on Washington Street, Fisher shot him with a 9mm  handgun from just outside of the vehicle.

The victim sustained two gunshot wounds to his face; a third shot grazed  his head. Miraculously, the victim survived. Investigators obtained warrants for Fisher’s arrest on June 12, 2020;  the United States Marshals apprehended Fisher in Clayton County on September 29, 2020. 

Deputy Chief Assistant District Attorney Jack Winne prosecuted the case. Detective Ley Wynne and Gang  Investigator Jarrod Anderson, both of the LaGrange Police Department, were the lead investigators.

While preparing for trial, Winne and investigators discovered evidence in Fisher’s social media records that  implicated him in an attempted armed robbery that occurred on April 10, 2019 on Cox Street.

In that case, Fisher and an accomplice, Tavion Harton, aka: “Mayhem.” Both went to another victim’s home on Cox Street for the purpose  of robbing him at gunpoint. Once inside, Harton brandished a revolver and demanded money from the victim.

A physical struggle ensued, during which Harton pointed the handgun at the victim and pulled the trigger twice.

Again,  miraculously, both trigger pulls resulted in misfires.  Harton was apprehended that night. After pleading guilty in  December of 2019, Harton was sentenced to serve 15 years in prison, followed by 20 years on probation.

Evidence  obtained during both investigations revealed Fisher and Harton were members of the Sex-Money-Murda Bloods  criminal street gang and that the commission of all of these offenses were motivated by their participation in the  violent gang’s activities. 

Cranford commended the dedication and work ethic of Winne and the LaGrange Police Department for “holding another violent gang member accountable for acts of violence committed in our community of  LaGrange.”

“Defendant Fisher sought to glorify himself by violent acts so much that he adopted the nickname  “Homicide,” Cranford said in the press release.  “As a consequence of his choices, he has rightly been removed from our community for decades.”