Polls for county elections close 7 p.m. Tuesday
Published 6:02 pm Monday, November 1, 2021
Tuesday is Election Day, and so far voter turnout is fairly low.
As of last weekend — the last time for early voting — the county had received a total of 822 in-person votes. The county originally received 160 mail-in ballots but so far only 135 have been accepted.
Election Day polling location hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Depending on where you live, there are numerous competitive races on the ballot this year.
In a special election race, five candidates are seeking the seat for Troup County Commission District 5. Those candidates are Kendall Butler, Travis Hart, Jimmy McCamey, Norma Tucker, and Ernest Ward. The seat was previously held by the late Richard English Jr. for more than 40 years.
In LaGrange, one council seat is contested, as incumbent Nathan Gaskin goes against Israel Barsh.
Hogansville will be voting for mayor with incumbent Bill Stankiewicz, who is seeking his third term, facing a challenge from Angela Price, George Bailey, and Jake Ayers. There are also two contested races for the Hogansville City Council. Robert Conway and Michael Taylor Jr. are running for post one while incumbent Marichal Price and Matthew Morgan are running for post two.
The West Point City Council has four candidates for three seats. Incumbents Gloria Marshall, Joe Downs and Henry Hutchinson are vying for their seats against challenger Joel Finlay.
Voting precincts are located at:
- Hollis Hand – Hollis Hand Elementary School at 641 County Club Road, LaGrange
- Administration Building – Administration Building 900 Dallis St., LaGrange
- Hammett Road – The Faith Baptist Church on 552 Hammett Road, LaGrange
- Griggs Center – Griggs Recreation Center on 716 Glen Robertson St., LaGrange
- West Point – Technology Building, 1122 O.G. Skinner Dr., West Point
- Hogansville – Hogansville Library, 310 Johnson Street, Hogansville
- Rosemont – Troup County Fire Administration Building, 2495 Hamilton Road, LaGrange
- Gardner Newman – Board of Education Building at 100 N. Davis Road, LaGrange
- Highland – Troup County High School, 1920 Hamilton Road, LaGrange
- Northside – Hope Academy, 200 Mooty Bridge Road, LaGrange
- St. Paul – St. Paul AME Church, 301 Poplar St., Hogansville
To find your voting precinct for election day and to see sample ballots visit www.mvp.sos.ga.gov.