County introduces new online permitting site GeoPermits

Published 9:11 am Thursday, February 10, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

The Troup County Community Development Office will now offer the option for the general public to apply for business licenses, building permits, and zoning applications through an online permitting site, Troup County GeoPermits.

This online service was created for convenience in an effort to increase accessibility and streamline processes managed by the Troup County Community Development Office.

If you encounter any difficulty completing the online application process, call the Community Development Office and they walk you through the site and answer any questions: (706) 883-1650.

The GeoPermits Portal is now live and open to the public through the Troup County, Georgia website:

With the exception of beer and wine licenses, the general public can now find all of the following applications on the Troup County GeoPermits Portal:

  • Driveway Permits
  • Land Disturbance Permits,
  • Building Permits, Address Assignments
  • Manufactured Housing Unit Placement Applications
  • Quality Development Corridor (QDC) Applications
  • Rezoning Applications
  • Rural and Agri-Tourism Applications
  • Special Events Applications
  • Special Use Applications (including Cell Towers)
  • Subdivision Applications
  • Variance Applications
  • Business Licenses
  • Occupational Tax Certificates
  • Home Occupation Business License Certificates and Contractor Registration.

To begin the online application process, simply visit the online portal, create a profile, and select the application you would like to complete. From there, the entire application process can be completed online, including payment submittals.

Despite the advantages offered to applicants who choose to utilize this new online service, the Community Development Office will continue to welcome anyone who prefers to submit an application in-person. Again, please contact the Troup County Community Development Office if you have any questions regarding business licenses, building permits, zoning applications.