Weekend Ticket: downtown market and music to highlight weekend
Published 7:47 pm Thursday, June 2, 2022
There are several fun events to take part in in LaGrange this weekend. From a market day to music concerts, there is something exciting for everyone.
- On Friday at noon, join the Troup County Archives at the square for their High Noon History. Talks will last about 30 minutes and will focus on tales of the Marquis de Lafayette. Admission is free with no registration.
- Also on Friday from 7:30 p.m to 9 p.m., Heather Maloney will be coming to Pure Life to perform her new “Soil in the Sky” album. Registration is $22.50 and can be paid on the Pure Life website.
- Friday night from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m., the Troup County Archives will host its weekly Strange LaGrange walking tour. Tickets are $15 and can be purchased at the Legacy Museum.
- This Saturday from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. is the opening day of the Market on Main St. Several vendors will be present, and you can shop for local produce, baked goods and locally made items. Admission is free and open to everyone.
- Also on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., join the Hills & Dales Estate Director and trained landscape designer Carleton Wood for a design workshop where you can create a planting plan with seasonal color. Each participant will receive a design kit that contains sketch paper, circle template, French curve ruler, and a scale. A boxed lunch and all supplies are included. Registration is $75 per person.
- For those looking for more of a wild time, Wild Leap is hosting Wing Jam 2022 on Saturday from 6 p.m to 10 p.m. The event will feature a full night of delicious eats with wings, bites and vegan options, Live Music and One-Day-Only Beers. Admission is free and open to all ages.