TCSS HB 251 Public School Choice applications available, due by June 29

Published 10:00 am Saturday, June 11, 2022

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

Troup County School System parents and legal guardians of kindergarten through twelfth-grade students may request a transfer to another school in the district under House Bill 251. If granted, the transfer will be in effect for the 2022-2023 school year. All applications and supporting documentation must be received by June 29, 2022. All mailed applications and supporting documentation must be postmarked by June 29, 2022.

To apply or find out more information, go to where the following is available:

  • Application for transfer
  • Parent information sheet
  • List of schools with available classroom space

Before a transfer is granted, classroom space must be available at the requested school, there must be appropriate teacher allocation at the requested school, and all assigned students must be enrolled and scheduled.

Upon approval to transfer a student to another school in the district, the law requires the parent or guardian to assume all costs and responsibilities related to transportation as long as the student remains at the transferred school. Information may also be obtained by calling the Troup County School System Office of Student Assignment at (706) 812-7900.