WEEKEND TICKET: Music, movies and more this weekend
Published 6:45 pm Thursday, July 7, 2022
Still recovering from the Fourth of July? Relax this weekend with music and more.
- On Friday from 10 a.m. to noon and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., the Friends of the LaGrange Memorial Library will host its monthly book drive. A bag of books can go as little as $1 each.
- The Hogansville Public Library will have its weekly movie day at 3:30 p.m. on Friday. This is a free program available for all community members. No library card or registration is required.
- Get an early start Saturday by visiting Market on Main in downtown LaGrange on Saturday from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. Vendors will have fruits, vegetables, homemade jams, jellies and baked goods, crafts and much more for purchase.
- Hogansville will have its own downtown market Saturday as well. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Askew Park, vendors will have an assortment of produce, baked goods and more. This market will return June 25, July 9 and July 25.
- The Hogansville Public will hold a free dance class 11 a.m. to noon Saturday. Comfortable clothing is recovered. For any questions, please email Caitlin at email@example.com
- Singer, songwriter, sideman and frontman Tommy Stinson will perform at Pure Life House of Music at 7:30 p.m. Sunday. Stinson is an American rock musician who previously played as the bass guitarist for The Replacements and as the bassist and musical lieutenant to Axl Rose in Guns N’ Roses. Ticket sales are limited to ten per group—details about where and when will be emailed to ticket holders. Pure Life Studios is located at 208 Clark St. in the Hillside Community of LaGrange. Doors open for general admission ticket holders is 7 p.m. The concert is $25 for advanced tickets and $30 cash at the door. Seating is limited and it is highly recommended that tickets be purchased in advance. Tickets can only be purchased at Eventbrite: https:// www.eventbrite.com/e/tommy-stinson-the-replacements-live-at-pure-life-lagrange-ga-tickets-368041842057.
- Krewe of Mask will host a Summer Bash event on Sunday from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Interested participants will need to R.S.V.P. first for the address. Freshments will include hamburgers, hot dogs and Sneauxballs snowballs. Make sure to bring a swimsuit, towel and a shoe box (if possible) for the waterslide, ping-pong and shoe box float crafting. R.S.V.P. using either email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Krewe of Mask Mayor John at (706) 668-3555.