Chamber holding SPLOST listening sessions
Published 7:30 am Friday, February 3, 2023
The LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce is holding information sessions to raise awareness of the upcoming SPLOST VI vote on March 21.
SPLOST VI has been endorsed by the LaGrange-Troup County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors.
Brandon Eley, 2023 Chamber Board Chairman, said it is important to approve the SPLOST.
“SPLOST is key to providing vital funding for infrastructure and capital projects in Troup County and our cities,” Eley said. “Voting ‘yes’ on March 21 will ensure that Troup County can continue the positive momentum and foster a robust environment for economic development in Troup County for years to come.”
Past SPLOST initiatives have helped to provide the county and municipalities with enhanced public safety equipment and facilities, important infrastructure improvements and outstanding recreational facilities.
The Troup County SPLOST Committee, an organization formed to lead advocacy efforts for community initiatives, has selected Charlie Metcalf, PhD, Pastor of Clearview Chapel and Joe Kirkland with Duracell to lead the campaign. Both understand the positive impact generated by SPLOST funds.
“Successful completion of previous SPLOST projects demonstrates the commitment of each entity to serve as good stewards of the SPLOST funds,” Eley said. “It is also important to note that as much as 50% of SPLOST revenues will be generated by visitors to Troup County.”
“The proposed projects in this initiative will impact every corner of Troup County,” Kirkland said. “Voting yes for SPLOST will provide new opportunities for our county and our cities.”
- Feb. 9 — 12:00 p.m. , LaGrange Kiwanis Club at Highland Country Club
- Feb. 9 — 6 p.m. , Town Hall at Troup Ag Center
- Feb. 13 — 6 p.m., Town Hall Hogansville Library
- Feb. 14 — 7:30 a.m., Early Bird Breakfast at Del’avant
- Feb. 14 — 12:00 p.m., LaGrange Lions Club at Highland Country Club
- Feb. 16 — 6 p.m. , Town Hall at Gray Hill Community Center
- Feb. 20 — 7 p.m. , Troup County Democrats at LaGrange Troup County Chamber
- Feb. 23 — noon, Troup Strategy Center at LaGrange-Troup County Chamber
- Feb. 23 — 6 p.m., Candidate forum at LaGrange Troup County Chamber
- Feb. 28 — 6 p.m. , Town Hall at Mike Daniel Rec Center
- March 1 — 11:15 a.m. at LaGrange Active Life