LaGrange men charged with pandering during Coweta County human trafficking operation
Published 6:31 am Thursday, June 8, 2023
Two men from LaGrange were arrested in Coweta County during a human trafficking operation earlier this week, according to information from the Coweta County Sheriff’s Office.
CCSO said while the two-night operation focused on locating victims of human trafficking and sex buyers, there were arrests made of other individuals.
The men from LaGrange were identified as Lucas Schettni Da Costa E Silva and Gabriel Alexander Lawrence. De Costa E Silva was charged with pandering. Lawrence was charged with pandering and purchase/possession/manufacturing/distribution sale of a controlled substance.
Outside of the above charges, CCSO said there were four females identified as victims of human trafficking. The four females were transported to an undisclosed safe house. CCSO said all females contacted in this operation were offered the same assistance with some refusing any aid.
The LDN is not identifying the four females. All were charged with prostitution. One of the females was also charged with willful obstruction of law enforcement officers and another was charged with VGCSA schedule ½ narcotic possession, marijuana possession less than 1 ounce.
The arrested individuals identified, their resident city and their charges are listed below:
- Richard Gary Douglas, 60, Newnan, pandering
- Juan Lopez-Garcia, 19, Decatur, prostitution
- Jonathan Quinton Adams, 45, Douglasville, marijuana-possession less than 1 ounce, VGCSA scheduled ½ narcotic possession
- Shannon Michael Kirby, 47, Douglasville, possession and use of drug related objects, marijuana-possession less than 1 ounce, VGCSA schedule ½ narcotic possession
- Marisa Diana Sandlin, 57, Douglasville, marijuana-possession less than 1 ounce, VGCSA schedule ½ narcotic possession
- Allan Straker, 36, Gwinnet, pandering
- Lucas Schettni Da Costa E Silva, 27, LaGrange, pandering
- Jacobo Erazo-Hernandez, 33, Lanett, AL, pandering
- Thomas Michael Carney, 33, Peachtree City, pandering
- Soloman Deangelo Walker, 42, Atlanta, pandering, marijuana possession less than 1 ounce
- Alejandro Capriel-Sarax, 24, Atlanta, pandering
- Gabriel Cervantes, 22, Marrieta, pandering
- Gabriel Alexander Lawrence, 33, LaGrange, pandering, purchase/possession/manufacturing/distribution sale of controlled substance
- William Russell III, 38, McDonough, party to a crime
- Nathaniel Douglas Jackson, 40, Franklin, pandering, VGCSA schedule ½ narcotic possession
- Vernon Winston Leach, 55, Griffin, party to a crime
The following is a comprehensive list of charges made stemming from the operation:
15 – Pandering
8 – Prostitution
3 – Pimping
2 – Possession of Cocaine
3 – Possession of Marijuana with intent
1 – Possession of THC
1 – Possession of schedule 4 narcotic
3 – Possession of Methamphetamine
3 – Possession of Marijuana
1 – Human Trafficking
CCSO thanked the CCSO Special Operations, Transport Unit, Jail Division, Haralson County Sheriff’s Office, Muscogee County Sheriff’s Office, the Department of Homeland Security (Human Trafficking and Child Exploitation group) and two Georgia Advocacy groups who focus on the rescue of Human Trafficking Victims and Child Exploitation for their assistance in this operation.