LaGrange College to charge for parking on its campus during high school football games
Published 4:40 pm Tuesday, August 15, 2023
The Troup County School System was notified by LaGrange College this week that the college will be charging for parking on the LaGrange College parking lots during high school football games this year.
TCSS announced the decision in a press release, which also included information from the college explaining the changes.
“In order to provide a safe and secure environment, and to protect and preserve the property of LaGrange College, the following guidelines are being enacted for parking on the LaGrange College campus during all high school football games,” the college press release said.
- Parking will only be allowed in designated lots and in parking spaces. Parking on thegrass or curbs will not be allowed.
- Parking in the Callaway Auditorium lot will be $10 per vehicle.
- Parking in the Cleaveland Field lot and Westside lot will be $5 per vehicle.
- Patrons wishing to set up at tailgate will pay a $15 fee in the Callaway lot and $10 fee in the Cleaveland and Westside lots
- Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Parking may begin at 4 p.m. on gameday
- Patrons wishing to set up a tailgate prior to 4 p.m. gameday, must pay the $15 tailgate fee online. Tailgate setup will be allowed up to 24 hours prior to gametime.
- Trash cans will be dispersed throughout each lot, and a dumpster will be placed behind Callaway Auditorium. Patrons are asked to place all trash in receptacles before entering the game.
- Any vehicle parking illegally will be towed by A LaGrange Towing (706-756-6033) at the owner’s expense.