1-year-old child airlifted for accidental grease burns

Published 2:13 pm Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Getting your Trinity Audio player ready...

A one-year-old child was airlifted Wednesday afternoon after an accidental grease burn.

According to LaGrange Police, the child was burned at a residence in the Tall Pines Apartments on Turner Street in LaGrange.

Sgt. Robbie Hall said the mother of the child had poured hot grease from the stove into a separate container when the child grabbed at the container and burned themselves.

The child was transported via ambulance from Tall Pines to a field behind St. Mark’s Episcopal Church on N Greenwood Street and airlifted by Air Evac to Grady Memorial Hospital in Atlanta.