Thief takes copper from LaGrange church
A thief took six antique copper gutter downspouts from Saint Mark’s Episcopal Church at 207 N. Greenwood St., a church representative reported about 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
The representative told the reporting officer that the downspouts must have been taken between Monday night and Tuesday morning. The representative estimated the downspouts’ value at about $1,000.
The reporting officer noted there were two similar thefts reported Monday, one at Averett Company at 308 S. Lewis St. where 6-inch copper downspouts valued at $1,600 were stolen. No information on the other theft was immediately available.
Police were investigating.
• A resident in the 600 block of Ware Street reported that a burglar stole a 39-inch Vizio flat-screen TV valued at $400, PlayStation 4 video game system valued at $400 and bedroom entertainment system valued at $500. The reporting officer noted that a back window of the residence was broken and the resident believed the burglar entered through it.
• A resident of the 400 block of Jefferson Street reported that a burglar stole a Husky weed trimmer valued at $250 and a Poulan handheld yard blower valued at $169. The resident believed the burglar entered through a broken window.
• A thief took an Echo gas trimmer valued at $250 from a truck in the back yard of a home in the 800 block of Dunson Street, the resident reported.
• A LaGrange College student reported a thief entered his dorm in Boatwright Hall, 601 Broad St., and stole a PlayStation 4 and video game valued at a total $560.
• Someone stole a LaGrange woman’s debit card and used it to withdraw $380 from her account, she reported.
By Tyler H. Jones email@example.com A tow truck driver prepares to pull upright a tractor-trailer that crashed Tuesday morning on... read more