City of LaGrange accepting applications for LaGrange Youth Council
The City of LaGrange is now accepting applications for the 2018-2019 LaGrange Youth Council.
The deadline is this Friday, Aug. 31.
The LaGrange Youth Council is an advisory board composed of local youth who provide advice and counsel to the local governing body.
The Youth Council will give our local youth a more formal role in the local decision making process offering real world experiences with elected bodies.
Twenty-four students will be selected to participate in the LaGrange Youth Council, twelve seniors and twelve juniors.
To be considered, student applicants must meet the following criteria:
Submittal of this application filled out in its entirety no later than Friday, Aug. 31, 2018.
- Be presently enrolled in high school.
- Applicant will be a junior or a senior in 2018-2019.
- Attend the mandatory orientation session Sept. 11, 2018 .
- Be academically eligible to participate in school sports and extracurricular activities.
- Be free of any serious disciplinary infractions within the last six months.
- Be able to think critically and articulate thoughts and ideas.
- Have an interest in learning about government and how it functions.
- Possess potential leadership skills.
- Secure parental or guardian permission and support.
- Must be a resident of the City of LaGrange.
The application deadline is Friday, Aug. 31. Please email completed application to Katie Van Schoor at email@example.com or turn in completed application on the third floor of City Hall, 200 Ridley Avenue.
The LaGrange City Council voted unanimously to approve changes to the utilities discount program for seniors on Tuesday. The updated... read more