TCSS to return to in-person meetings
Published 6:00 pm Friday, June 12, 2020
The Troup County School System will return to in-person board of education meetings at the Troup County Administrative Services Building beginning June 16.
According to a news release from the school system, when visitors enter the building, they will be required to check their temperature and record that temperature on the sign-in log. In addition, visitors will be required to read a waiver form acknowledging they haven’t traveled outside of the United States and are not sick.
The news release says that Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) suggests masks be worn.
“The board of education meeting room seating will be spaced to allow six feet of distance between each board member and attendees,” the news release said. “With this configuration, there will be a 50-person capacity inside of the board room, which equates to 30 chairs available for the general public.”
Board meetings for the month of June are as follows:
- Tuesday, June 16 at 4:45 p.m. — special-called board meeting to discuss legal representation
- Tuesday, June 16 at 5:30 p.m. — regular work session
- Thursday, June 18 at 5 p.m. — budget public hearing
- Thursday, June 18 at 5:30 p.m. — June meeting of the board
- Thursday, June 25 at 5 p.m. — budget public hearing
- Thursday, June 25 at 5:30 p.m. — special-called board meeting
The TCSS board hasn’t hosted an in-person meeting since March 13. At that meeting, the board decided to close school for two weeks due to COVID-19. The schools never reopened for the semester due to the executive orders by Gov. Brian Kemp.
The board has continued to meet, but usually through video conferencing, and the meetings have been streamed on LaGrange TV.
For more information, call (706) 812.7900 or email email@example.com.